Subject: [Leica] It's a film camera! Rangefinder at that!
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Feb 1 23:55:39 2008

Daniel, I'm not familiar with older folders with coupled rangefinders. I
shall hit Google, thanks. The Voigtlander and Zeiss Ikon
Nettar I have here have no rangefinder nor metering.
The linkage to the front, which looks to be relatively flimsy, I assumed was
just for retraction as on the folders I have here. I'm
struggling to imagine how the coupled rangefinder you mention works. Do you
have a model number I can search on for one of the
originals?
Regarding the metering, look at the dial on top nearest the viewfinder. It
looks to have provision for ISO rating and also an A
setting? A leaf shutter, as you say, ruins my TTL theory. Any non TTL
metering implies a linkage, fascinating.
Off this topic, I note Fuji's choice in very Nordic Booth babes in the
article! Oh and no less than three new DSLRs from Sony.
Cheers
Geoff