Subject: [Leica] Down Loading M8 firm ware update.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Feb 5 10:10:27 2008

> I'm still with the thought that a full-size sensor isn't necessary.  My
> M8/Summilux 35mm combo has completely replaced my M6/Noctilux, and is
> perhaps a whole pound lighter.  The image quality is better in most
> situations, too.
>
> When the full-frame M body comes out, I'm not 100% sure if I will switch
> right away.  Besides, by looking at the advancement of the sensor
> technology, the quality can be expected to be better than today's
> silver-halide film (look at the images with Nikon D3 at ISO6400 or higher.
> Just amazing.) that I'm not sure if I will need a Noctilux.  It is likely
> that I may be happier with a M9/Summilux 50mm.

For me with the crop factor on the M8 I need to buy an 18 to get my 21 back
which I'd need to do.
With full frame I get to keep my 21.
And the noise issues at full frame are not worth discussing.
I think it eliminates it.
At the highest ISO's.
I like that.
And the way my 17x22's are bound to look.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com