Subject: [Leica] New Films
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Tue Feb 5 12:36:33 2008

There seems to be a number of interesting new BW films appearing. My
goal for this year was to get back into BW film. That seems to be where
I'm most comfortable, have the most fun, and perhaps because of that
seem to have the most success.

I read a post on the APUG that listed all the new BW films. It's
surprising how many there are. Two of interest to me are the new Rollei
Technical Pan film and the new TMax 400. I just ordered some of both.

I hope the Rollei ATP is similar to Kodak Tech Pan. That was a difficult
film to use, but under the right conditions it was amazing stuff. I
don't know if it's the extended red sensitivity, or the lack of grain,
or the smooth tonal rendition, or what. Hopefully ATP 1.1 has it, too.

I've always liked TMax 400, even in the early days when a lot of people
complained about it. The new TMax 400 sounds like it's even better.

I'm also trying out several Adox films and some Rollei IR. I'm going to
try several developers -- Xtol, PMK and D76.

We'll see how they scan or wet print. Scanning and inkjet printing has
it's merits, but I'm not quite ready to give up my enlargers.

Has anyone else been experimenting with BW film lately?

DaveR

Replies: Reply from crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall) ([Leica] New Films)
Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] New Films)
Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] New Films)