Subject: [Leica] Free: unopened packets of Xtol
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Tue Feb 5 17:50:17 2008

I have 3.5 pounds of Xtol mix (a 5-liter pack and about 8 1-liter packs),
all still in its original Kodak packaging. Free to anyone in the USA who
will PayPal me postage and handling.

(I don't want to have to do the export paperwork needed to ship chemicals
outside the USA.)

Safety warning: my horrible problems in getting Xtol to work properly with
the city water supply is what made me stop having fun in the darkroom, which
led directly to my going all-digital and shipping my entire darkroom
overseas. There is a vast amount of lore about how to make Xtol work for
you. I recommend that you not try to claim this Xtol unless you have used
Xtol successfully before.

Additional safety warning: Kodak stopped making the 1-liter packages because
of poor quality control. This is mostly 1-liter packages. I had no end of
grief with Xtol from the 5-liter package, so I never even tried to use the
1-liter packs.

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Free: unopened packets of Xtol)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Free: unopened packets of Xtol)