Subject: [Leica] Looking for a Scanning Agency
From: stevegarth at att.net (steve garth)
Date: Wed Feb 6 21:21:10 2008

This is my first post to the list and I'm honored to be in the company of
such excellent sharp shooters! I've finally relented to pressure from family
and friends to build my own website to showcase my images. Most of my shots
are taken using my trusty M6 and 50mm 1.4 Summilux. Does anyone have
recommendations for an inexpensive scanning agency for B&W negatives? I'm
looking to scan at 4000 dpi in TIFF format which should give me the option
of printing at least as large as 11X14 if I need to. I've contacted 3 or 4
services and Scancafe.com was my favorite until I discovered they would not
scan single frames from a strip of five negatives. I'm based in New Mexico
by the way.

Any advice or suggestions would be most welcome,

Steve Garth

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Looking for a Scanning Agency)