Subject: [Leica] Blink!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Feb 8 11:26:32 2008

Remember the old days when you were shooting a picture of somebody on the
sidewalk and people would  reverently stop and wait so as to not ruin your
picture?
Bet you hardly happens that that doesn't happen any more!
That's because they know you're shooting digital anyway;
And your not going to waste 75 cents if they get  between you and your
object subject of picture taking interest. Digital is free. You can just
shoot another one. Till you get it right.
And you can check it and see if they blinked if you know how to zoom in on
the screen in the back. And if they did then you keep shooting till you get
one with their eyes open.

Well we have face recognition so we should have anticipated the next step
but I didn't.
Blink recognition.
The camera knows of your darned eyes are closed.
Or eye in the singular maybe I don't know. I guess not that many people only
blink one eye.

So its pretty funny Nikon has just announced a camera which beeps if they
blink. So you can keep shooting till you get their eyes open.

Now lets get one which beeps if YOU blink!

What I want to know if it knows if you paint the outside of your eyelids to
look like an eye. A trick for people who want to sleep through a long boring
class on 3 hours sleep.

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/daves-download/2008/2/7/nikon-camera-warns-if-so
meone-blinks.html

Mark William Rabiner