Subject: [Leica] Didier PAW #6
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Feb 10 14:49:54 2008

Philippe
Thank you. APS-C format only.... No tripod also - but rather sweaty bike
gloves and breathed upon bike glasses. Often also a breathed upon finder
glass when I carry the camera in the breast pocket.
The workflow happens in the Epson RAW converter mostly - b&w color filter
(week 6: yellow, in week 5 also a Leica 13352X circular polarizing filter),
exposure correction and de-vignetting (mostly very moderately), some
contrast fiddling (usually s-curve). No sharpening there. In PS I just
resize and gently unsharp mask it (66, 0.3, 1). I'm getting away from
oversharpening images - a sharp lens does not need it. I just usm what went
lost in the resizing.

Btw. I - a propos software color filter: it is astonishing, how different
yellow, orange and red react on different skies and different days. Once
yellow darkens most, sometimes orange, sometimes red. I could impossibly
guess it in advance consistently just by observing the sky/light situation.
Postproduction color filtering is really a plus in the digital world.

Btw. II biking is much more fun when combined with shooting. The bike is
your tele, not your legs... Bike to the shadow side...

Didier

Message from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Didier PAW #6)