Subject: [Leica] recent images LKH
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon Feb 11 20:35:56 2008

Lee,

Our flying club J-3 was from 1946 and had a metal spar, and was flown for
many years by average-weight pilots from the front seat. After I left the
club due to a relocation move, one of our club members wrapped it around a
tall TV mast on a hilltop.  He and his passenger survived, and the Cub has
been rebuilt by a local restorer, but it doesn't see a lot of activity these
days.
Recalling my cross-country jaunts in the Cub, I would agree that a flight to
Tennessee would be a stretch.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA