Subject: [Leica] Does the process matter?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Feb 11 22:56:30 2008

> The oil painting will still be there in a couple hundred years, the
> print might simply not.
>
> And visually, I can't believe oil on canvas and prints can be confused;
> did you get close enough? what was the light like inside the hall?
> Really surprising
>
> Best
> phx
>
> David Rodgers wrote:

The average million dollar Jackson Pollock or you name it oil painting
starts falling off in chunks before you even get it home.
Every morning you come downstairs for coffee there's chucks of paint on the
floor in front of the painting. You don't want your dog to eat them.
Most 20th century painters didn't understand how paint works.
Owning a priceless painting often requires an additional priceless amount of
money to maintain it year after year..
Its a myth that graphics process like a silver print are more tenuous than a
painting.

They are more tenuous than a rock sculpture.
Paintings are non permanent for sure. By a mile.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Does the process matter?)