Subject: [Leica] Does the process matter? Mark
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Tue Feb 12 12:43:37 2008

Mark,
oil painting means using  ... oil - scarce ressource nowadays, but for
painters who use vegetal and not mineral oils.
Google Pollock and discover in wiki for instance that he used paint
meant for ... cars. He died 50 years ago - how many cars of that period
still have their initial varnish and gloss?
Mind you, I love the works of his I saw at museums. Great guy! Fantastic
vision and knack at conveying things only he knew about.

Other : Acrylic refers to water for all I know.
Maybe it would be safer to compare media that can be compared.
Were Pollock to paint today, he'd probably be painting with water
diluted - car body - comestible - ozone layer danger free - "oil" paints
and dyes ;-)

Writing with light is a concept I like a lot - sometimes you need
blotting paper, sometimes you don't.

Bien amicalement
phx