Subject: [Leica] M8 batteries after 1.201 firmware
From: scheng at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Wed Feb 13 13:09:40 2008

Lithium ion batteries is only good for about 300 deep discharge cycle
before their capacities suffer significantly. Try not to discharge
those expensive Li-ion battery packs completely before recharging
them. These modern batteries do not like to be left in a deep
discharged state for an extended period of time.

This applies equally to laptop, cellphone and camera battery packs.

/sc

Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] M8 batteries after 1.201 firmware)