Subject: [Leica] This is a real Leica!
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Feb 14 13:20:44 2008

I received my 25mm Leica/Panasonic Summilux Tuesday afternoon and
just looked at my test images on my computer this evening. I bought
this lens to replace the 1.4/30mm Sigma on my Oly E3. I was not
unhappy with the Sigma but thought you'd all like my pictures better
if they were made with a Leica lens.

Kidding aside, the images I looked at tonight have clearly shown me
that even though this lens is made by Panasonic, it definitely is a
Leica. They must have imported some Wetzlar virgins over to Japan or
something, but the test pics of my wife are so sharp that posting
them would mean instant divorce. So instead, I have one of my 13-year
old daughter--the poor thing does not have THAT option, and there is
some camera shake involved too. Shot at f1.4--what is the point of
buying a 1.4 lens if you are not going to use maximum aperture?

http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/4253606_netUM#254474973

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
nathan@nathanfoto.com