Subject: [Leica] M8 questions
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Thu Feb 14 15:24:46 2008

I find them, DMR and M8, equally prone to attracting dust.
Obviously conditions vary a great deal. From changing lenses in dry
dusty conditions to doing so in clean humid conditions.
Then it becomes a issue of what one shoots - if you notice - then try
and remember when it may have occurred.
I may not have changed a lens on the DMR for 3 weeks. But I also
haven't shot a expanses of solid tone stopped down - then when I do -
wow! where did that glob come from?

On Feb 14, 2008, at 5:17 PM, wildlightphoto@earthlink.net wrote:

> I'm obsessed with dust spots and I've had to clean the DMR sensor
> maybe
> twice or three times in the last two years.  Is the M8 sensor so
> different
> that it attracts dust, and the DMR repels it?  I don't change
> lenses in
> dust storms but I don't turn the camera off or take any special
> precautions
> any more than when using film cameras.  Am I doing something
> wrong?  Maybe
> this is an inverse of Murphy's Law: since it's so easy to clean the
> DMR's
> sensor, it hardly ever needs it.

Fond regards,
George