Subject: [Leica] M8 questions
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Thu Feb 14 20:40:22 2008

Tarek,

Yes, turning off the camera for cleaning and lens changing does indeed seem
strange the first 10 or so times, but it does seem to help keep the dust off
the sensor.  I did my first cleaning almost 9 months after I got it using
this method.  It takes a bit of practice, but it does seem to be working for
me.  In a hurry I skip the dusting or blowing around the mount and throat,
but it is a good idea to turn it off prior to doing this.  The idea is to
take the charge off the sensor and thus it will not attract as much dust as
it would if turned on during this operation.  I got this from the manual on
my D200, i think.

Have fun shooting with the M8, it is a great picture taking machine.  I
hardly ever use my M6TTL these days, but do keep it in working condition
just in case.  ;-)

All the best from frozen Iowa.
Gene

From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@pix-that-stimulate.com>