Subject: [Leica] M8 Shutter Fault, Help!
From: summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez)
Date: Sat Feb 23 15:45:20 2008

Howdy
I've reset blades a couple of times on cameras and would be real hard
to do it without working from both ends. I seriously doubt you can
reset the thing without touching and almost surely scratching the sensor.
But you might try it using staightened out paper clip with a bent end as a
lifter.
It's still real delicate.

If it isn't under warrantee I'd spend an extra X hours on it, pull it apart,
pull off the imager and maybe fix the thing, hoping it stays together
till the trip is over. Then if anything else ever goes wrone it's no sweat
because
you've already been inside the M8.
Javier