Subject: [Leica] M8 Shutter Fault, Help!
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Feb 25 21:18:51 2008

LUG:

Hi, guys.  Thanks for all of the advice.  After carefully looking at
the inside of the M8 and surveying everything I could use for a tool
here, I decided not to take any chances.  I just went and bought some
more film and have been using my M7.  The M8 is packed in my backpack
and will be shipped back to Leica when I get home.  I do have 15,000
digital photos to edit, most of them made with the M8 so maybe the
shutter just wore out!!

In five weeks in India, I haven't been sick at all but I must have
been too lax about eating street food because I'm sick now!  Just in
time for the 16 hour flight back home.  I've taken all of the
appropriate medicines and hope they kick in before the flight at 1
AM.  In the meantime, I have 6 more rolls of film to use up.  I hope
all of the photos aren't of various bathrooms in Mumbai!!

Tina

Tina Manley
http://leicatraveler.blogspot.com/
www.tinamanley.com