Subject: [Leica] Erwin telling it like it may be
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Feb 28 17:32:54 2008

At 06:54 PM 2/28/2008, you wrote:
>Yet something else is going on; beyond acreage.
>My 5D has more acreage than the DMR or M8;
>yet cannot reproduce the same micro detail that CCD chips can produce.
>George

I agree totally.  As I review my files from India, I can really see a
difference.  I hate it when I photo I thought I had taken with the M8
turns out to have been taken with the 5D.  The detail with the M8 is
so much better that I can crop and enlarge much more without worrying
about interpolation artifacts.  And the lack of fringing on wide
angle shots with the M8 saves me hours of time in photoshop.  If I
could just use the M8 for close-ups and telephoto, I wouldn't have to
carry that heavy 5D!

Tina

www.leicatraveler.blogspot.com
www.tinamanley.com