Subject: [Leica] Erwin telling it like it may be
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Feb 27 23:27:31 2008

Here we are again...

Leica will likely do everything not to be sold to another camera company,
though it might indeed be the best as Nathan says.

On the film side, I wouldn't expect new Leica models except some collector's
editions. They'lll certainly keep the M repair/spare parts services for
long. On the digital side, they'll come up with a full frame M9 one day, but
not in the next 12 months. Not shure about the future of the R's. They will
also continue the Panasonic relabeling thing.

All in all, nothing will change much. Finally it's Leica. They will stay in
a niche, and stay on the edge. Or die. Or whatever!

Didier

Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Erwin telling it like it may be)
Message from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Erwin telling it like it may be)