Subject: [Leica] Hoppy and a German Phrase
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu Feb 28 23:21:47 2008

Marc

Even when written correctly , "Alles, was nicht Pflicht ist, ist verboten"
is a phrase I have never heard. If you meant "compulsory" than "cumpolsury",
this would mean "gesetzlich, vorgeschrieben, obligatorisch" but also in all
this combinations I do not know it as a popular phrase.

Hoppy alluded to "Alles, was nicht ausdr?cklich erlaubt ist, ist verboten"
(roughly translated in "Everything, which is not explicitely allowed, is
prohibited") which I can believe having heard about our neighbour country
(and also mine).

"Mein Herr" is a hopelessly antiquated form of adress.

Didier

Replies: Reply from hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter) ([Leica] Hoppy and a German Phrase)
Reply from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Hoppy and a German Phrase)
Message from john at johnspayne.com (John Payne) ([Leica] Travel question)