Subject: [Leica] IMG the weekend
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Mar 3 20:44:04 2008

Steve Barbour showed:

Subject: [Leica] IMG the weekend these photos give a pretty fair impression
of my weekend...<<<<<<<

Hi Steve,

Not bad at all! Good series.

The flowers: I like these because the background is a mush of colour
allowing the flowers to stand out better. Did you go in tighter on some of
them and drop the background out?

Actually this setting could be worked to death for images, I bet one could
get sucked into a great pile of pictures and come away with a beautiful
series.

The good part about a situation like this and digital is, you wouldn?t pump
through a dozen or more rolls of slide film hunting the maximum images for
perfection then bear the huge film-processing cost in doing so.

The horse:

The strong foreground framing of fence and gate post make this really work.

Blossoms and branches:

This really cries out for some close-up?s against that beautiful clear blue
sky. You did shoot some like that. Didn?t you? :-) Yeah I figured you did!

The Rooster:

This just doesn?t quite make it because of the out of focus branch cutting
across the face. A slightly different angle allowing for a clear head is all
that?s needed and it would?ve been on the mark because a neat photo is there
without question. Just a little more squiggling for a clean head shot.

The Door:

This is a neat simple clean piece of art photography. Certainly a ?make
print hang on wall kind of d?cor photo.?

Some times it just happens like that. :-)

ted

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/paw2008/woohoo.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/paw2008/tikwawater.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/paw2008/horse.jpg.html