Subject: [Leica] Not a police state!
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Mar 5 16:15:27 2008

It's already almost impossible to take a picture in any UK town or city
without it having a CCTV camera somewhere on it.
Did anyone else notice how very well used the airport police machine
guns look? I spent 7 months working within the perimeters of Gatwick
airport a couple of years ago and never got used to it, even after 30
years in Germany where all police are armed.

Hey - does this make me a potential criminal - look at the top of the
post on the left-hand edge.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/100452-1/20070729-_MG_6225-Edit.jpg

There's another here, on a bracket at the top left of the Pier
Apartments building
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Whitby/_MG_4380_edited-2.jpg.html

Next step is to ban Google Earth! The resolution is often good enough to
recognise CCTV camera sites.

Douglas