Subject: [Leica] LUG Convention
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Wed Mar 5 17:49:22 2008

The solution seems clear to me. A bunch of us will descend on Natchtoches
sometime between Dia de los Muertos and Gaudete Sunday, and we will also
hold an event somewhere near the San Francisco Airport during 2008. There's
a bunch of us who usually crash the NYLUG party in July; people who want to
meet in NYC should just latch onto that, which is already organized and
scheduled.

It would be most righteous to refer to a meeting around here (greater
suburban Palo Alto) as the Summer of LUG, but since it's almost always
summer here that just means that we oughtn't hold it between II Advent and
Michaelmas. Of course, we could do it in the real calendar summer.

I think I could see holding a LUG dinner and/or barbecue at my house in Palo
Alto in the summer. I've got room for a crowd. Couldn't match the food in
Natchitoches by a country mile, but my neighbors do not scowl at those who
relinquish the spot on the food chain so hard-won by their ancestors. I
don't have meeting space, though.

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] LUG Convention)
Reply from ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka) ([Leica] LUG Convention)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] LUG Convention)