Subject: [Leica] No M9 in the near future
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Fri Mar 7 09:04:39 2008

Stop George your kindling my desires...any more and I'll have to raid the
kids college fund!  I like all this complaining about something I want but
can not justify in one million billion years...If I just turn my head
slightly I can see some prints I made a few weeks ago in my un ventilated
darkroom, using chemicals, and film, and fiber paper and 50 year old Leica
enlargers with leica lenses.  Some day I'll have to give it all up but
untill then
Please keep complaining...
Ohmmm...only a full sensor m9 is good enough....Ohmmmmm
At 11:43 AM 3/7/2008, you wrote:
>while I love 'market speculation' the fact of the matter:
>
>If you're in the market for a superb quality digital range finder
>camera with a large selection of the best lenses known to man to hang
>on it - you have only one choice - Leica M8.
>
>You can buy them used or you can buy them new. You can have work done
>to them which some see as upgrades and includes an extended warranty
>and which others see as unnecessary; or you can choose not to have
>that work done.
>
>Bottom line - only one choice. And it is an incredible piece of
>equipment which produces image files at the highest level of the
>technology as of this moment.
>
>Anyone who ever wanted a digital M and argues themselves out of the
>M8 on the basis of 'not perfect enough' is not serious about wanting
>a digital M. The M8 is here. It works beautifully. It creates image
>files with wonderful dynamic range, mind blowing micro detail. The
>regularly updated firmware has improved its functionality.
>
>Would it be cool to have less noise at higher ASA's? yes.
>Would it be cool to have a full frame sensor? yes - if image quality
>could be maintained out to the corners.
>Would it be cool to have an IR filter covering the sensor - not for
>this happy camper - I love the IR sensitivity.
>
>Fond regards,
>George
>george@imagist.com
>www.imagist.com
>http://www.imagist.com/blog
>Picture A Week - www.imagist.com/paw_07
>

>On Mar 6, 2008, at 6:51 PM, Richard Man wrote:
>
>>it's going to affect some prospective buyers' decisions.

Chris Saganich, MS, Sr. Physicist
New York Presbyterian Hospital
chs2018@med.cornell.edu
http://intranet.med.cornell.edu/research/health_phys/