Subject: [Leica] OT best light monopod ?
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sat Mar 8 07:13:41 2008

Steve,

What you buy may be lasting you quite a few years. Buy it once and
don't skimp. Also buy something you're willing to carry around all
day. I don't think you're the 600mm nature photographer but a good
lightweight fiber monopod can handle that as well. I use the
Manfrotto 694 magfiber which is about a $175 unit without head. It
weighs about 1 1/4 lbs and extends over 5 feet. But there are many
good ones out there. If you go fiber in that price range  you'll get
a nice unit.

Len