Subject: [Leica] IMG: Rat Temple
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Mar 9 17:20:07 2008

At 07:11 PM 3/9/2008, you wrote:
>Hi Tina,
>
>Interesting photo to say the least. Sorry dear but when I opened it I near
>threw up at all the rats! Let alone the people standing, kneeling & praying!
>AAAAccccckkkkkkk! Rats!

Thanks, Ted -

Well, they told me that one of the amazing things about this rat
temple was there was absolutely no smell of rats whatsoever and that
the number of rats remained the same all the time in spite of natural
births and deaths. ;-)

It really and truly did not smell like what I thought it would.  (I
was holding my breath most of the time) but we did have to take off
our shoes and walk in sock feet (those socks have been
incinerated)  BUT most of the devout were walking barefoot so the
rats could climb on their feet.  It's considered even better if you
get rat saliva on you and I do have photos of a mother smearing rat
saliva on her child's face, but, unless you knew what was going on,
you couldn't tell from the photo :-(

What is strange to me is that whenever I work on these photos, I
smell rats!!  Amazing what the power of suggestion can do.  I'm
almost finished with the rat temple, thank goodness.  My appetite has
been off for a couple of days!!

Tina

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] IMG: Rat Temple)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] IMG: Rat Temple)