Subject: [Leica] Leica CEO: Restructuring 80 percent don
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Mar 10 07:59:32 2008

> Mark,Thanks for the link.  I loved thinking between the lines.  My bet is
> that there is no full frame sensor in the next three years but there will
> be
> a sensor change fairly soon.  Mostly to eliminate the IR issue.  I wonder
> if
> the will source in Japan or if Kodak has something up their
> sleeve...anybody
> with ties to Rochester?
>
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
> wrote:
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/33c8wt

The right sensor dealt with in the right way.
With the right glass covering in front of it.
And at the right size.

AGAIN i've gotta say that with both Canon and Leica people shooting 24x36
digital format for when they want quality Leica is not going to be in the
position of offering a 2x crop of 1.5 crop.

you can get a 1x crop from Canon or nikon.

I predict all Leica ongoing programs on 1.5 crop sensors coming to an abrupt
end. Like yesterday.

The time is right for Leica to do what it felt it needed to do from the
beginning. Preset a non cropped format for its glass.

So a 21 Asph gives you what it was designed to do with film.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Leica CEO: Restructuring 80 percent don)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Leica CEO: Restructuring 80 percent don)