Subject: [Leica] Leica CEO: Restructuring 80 percent don
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Mar 10 09:11:26 2008

> At 10:59 AM 3/10/2008, you wrote:
>> The time is right for Leica to do what it felt it needed to do from the
>> beginning. Preset a non cropped format for its glass.
>>
>> So a 21 Asph gives you what it was designed to do with film.
>> Mark William Rabiner
>> markrabiner.com
>
> As long as they can do it without the fringing and fall-off on the
> edges like wide angle lenses give you on the full-frame Canon
> 5D!!  I've spent way too much time fixing purple fringes with
> software that still doesn't work right.
>
> Tina

To me, Tina, this sounds like a thing Leica can deal with at this juncture..

For starters they're starting off with much better wide angle glass than
Canon from all I hear. And if the price point says anything.

Much of it is in the electronics but it feels to me like a thing Leica can
deal with at this point in time. I have confidence in Kaufmann and the fact
that he's not working in a vacuum. In the sense that he's an owner of other
optical companies and can bring a team together to solve new problems new
ways.

The Electronics end should be easier if the glass is on the exquisite Leica
side of the track.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Tina - defringing)