Subject: [Leica] More management blabla
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Mar 10 11:15:06 2008

Henning,With a higher bit depth you have more discrimination between tones
and colors.  While you do not inherently get more dynamic range, the
photographer can choose what part of the file to manipulate with less loss
of data.  Also, we should be discussing sensor design whereby there is a non
symmetrical curve vis a vis shadow and highlight data.  Fuji's sensors have
a compromise design that does in fact add dynamic range but is pretty
expensive to produce.  We live in interesting times.