Subject: [Leica] Getting
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Mar 11 04:50:36 2008

Duane Birkey <dbirkey@hcjb.org> wrote:

>Duane ( screaming get out my photo in my mind, but smiling politely
> on the outside) Birkey

I find it most productive in the long run to keep smiling on the outside.
99% of the time when people see what I'm doing they'll go out of their way
to stay out of the picture, or not disturb the animal.  Then there's that 1%
I met yesterday who walked up to me and wanted to chat about fishing,
meanwhile causing the Common Goldeneye to flee... after I'd spent most of
the morning earning the bird's confidence.

Doug (keep smiling) Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

PS I don't fish.