Subject: [Leica] Not Buying M8/ I'm with Frank Filippone
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Tue Mar 11 07:18:03 2008

Frank,

I don't think anyone is dumping on film, and they know it has it's place,
just as digital has it's place.  In my case my wife was the one who pushed
me to digital.  She always complained about the high cost of my use of film,
and wanted me to go to digital.  Now the M8 was not her first choice, and
she was not happy when I bought it, but after about 6 months she calmed down
and now accepts it, however I get the evil eye when I go to the local photo
store.  Fortunately, she allows this, as the local store does not sell
Leica.  ;-)  At least now she does not complain about my use of expensive
film and its processing costs.  She has been warned about the pending R10
purchase, hopefully I will survive that...  ;-)

Gene

From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>