Subject: [Leica] Not Buying M8 nor Hummer nor Taunting Frank
From: john at johnspayne.com (John Payne)
Date: Tue Mar 11 20:24:13 2008

Since 1975 with a Nikkormat FT-2, through an F5 with all in between, all
have worked as described out of the box, even counting used F's and F2's.
I have had a D1 since 2001 and it's worked flawlessly since purchase along
with d1x. 2x, d3.  Cameras have become much more complex but so have the
means to quality control these items.  I have given up on the ability to
repair items much past 5 yr old.  It's just the life we live in with a few
esoteric exceptions.  I want a camera to make me money for a certain life
span of that item and then move on to whatever is best suited to my needs
then.
The great proportion of Nikon digital bodies that I have experienced have
given me reason enough to trust then into their next generation.
I haven't tried an M8 so I have no practical knowledge of it or it's future.
John