Subject: [Leica] Not Buying M8 nor Hummer nor Taunting Frank
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Mar 12 00:07:53 2008

> I have appreciated the variety of opinions expressed. I have
> absolutely no problem with going digital nor with the M8's slightly
> smaller sensor (at least I won't as soon as Leica comes out with a 28
> Summilux). The limiting factor for me is still life expectancy. If I
> can be assured that it will be repairable for twenty years then all
> my concerns are met (note I did not say inexpensively repaired).
> However that combined with the rather alarming number of units which
> arrive dead or defective, has me hesitant to make the switch.
>
> Hopefully time will provide me with fewer examples SDS and more of
> Leica looking like they are going to back the camera for long time.
> Announcing on-going upgrades and then back tracking was not a good
> start.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

I'm sure you'll be able to fully replace the CCD or whatever it is if you
are willing to break into a DIGITAL MUSEUM.

Museum of digital hardware.
MDH
MAUSOLEUM of digital hardware.

You'll have to be able to tell the real stuff from the Holograms. Projected
down from the ceiling.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com