Subject: [Leica] Bill Pierce's musing about Leica
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Mar 12 00:00:01 2008

> Duane,Thanks.  I have been reading Bill Pierce for almost forty years.  He
> pulls no punches and doesn't flack for anyone.  Still takes a great image
> too.

http://digitaljournalist.org/issue0803/nuts-and-bolts.html

Bill Pierce's  love/hate relationship with Leica seems strongly orientated
for the most part on the Love end. Reading this column I realize he is
Leicas staunches friend if ever Leica had one. Even if the camera he grabs
to shoot his next job is a Canon.

Bill Pierce had been my favorite columnist in the 80's and 90's.
I own one of his prints. (a darkroom print from the 70's)
Making it the only print I own not taken by me.
Except some nice inkjets from some Lug people.
Which I have to keep out of site or people tell me it's their favorite print
of mine.

Bill Pierce uses this picture of himself looking just like Kurt Vonnegut.
Who he reminds me of a lot anyway.
Maybe they went to the same high school.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com