Subject: [Leica] Not Buying M8
From: crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall)
Date: Wed Mar 12 03:51:17 2008

On 11/03/2008, Chris Saganich <chs2018@med.cornell.edu> wrote:
> The photographer has become a technician and the computer
> operator has become the artist.

As a passive consumer of images in magazines etc I do lament the
demise of photographs and the rise of computer imaginary. Many of
today's "photographs" have an eerie surreal quality. The boundary
between photograph and cartoon has become blurred. Perhaps more
disturbing is to see my local amateur photo clubs turning into
Photoshop workshops. Yes I use Photoshop, but my manipulation of
images is limited, partly from a lack of skill but mainly by a lack of
interest. It's more of a dry darkroom than an artist's palette.
Perhaps I am showing my age here and playing Don Quixote.

Having said all of that, I see no reason why a digital camera can't be
used much the same way as a film camera.

Chris B

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Not Buying M8)
Message from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] Not Buying M8)
Message from chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] Not Buying M8)