Subject: [Leica] positive Leica service report
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Mar 17 00:48:11 2008

Folks, I have posted this on the Leica User Forum but it may be of interest
here too, I hope.

I want to report on my recent dealings with Leica service. I bought my M8
new from an authorised dealer here in Australia. I registered it and applied
for my two IR filters by e-mail from the Leica website on a weekend. I made
a mistake in my order, ordering the wrong size. I sent a follow up mail to
correct my mistake. The next business day (Monday morning) in Germany I got
a note back confirming my order had been adjusted as requested. Five
business days later my two requested filters have arrived here in Australia
by FedEx. I think that is excellent service. Congratulations, Leica.

Cheers

Geoff