Subject: [Leica] Smart Cameras
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Tue Mar 18 09:14:06 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Pablo Kolodny wrote:

> why irritating ?
> I can't see any kind of pros going for such a kind of technology.
> In what respects to me I like to work with old manual cameras, even
> set my
> D200 to work on manual mode under most of circumstances.
> But I'd love to have that technology so I can shoot my family only
> when
> they're smiling and with eyes wide open.

I agree -- most of the time.

I can just imagine, though, me wanting to grab a certain non-smiling
moment and the camera wanting to wait for the smile. I wonder if it
complains about closed eyes on sleeping babies.

Great idea, but I fear hangups for those of us who may find that the
perfect moment doesn't include the smile.  Don't always want the
camera second-guessing me. Raeher like Word insisting that I want to
make a list every time I type a name that starts with an initial.

> That'd will help save more space in the drives and battery recharge
> cycles.
> They don't spend their lives smiling or with happy faces but just cool
> looking. :-)
>
> Maybe we'd be happier with cameras to shoot naked se?oritas by
> making them
> to undress, I wonder though if this would be via software or hardware.

Now, THAT would be a winner!!

ric

Replies: Reply from pkolodny at fibertel.com.ar (Pablo Kolodny) ([Leica] Smart Cameras)