Subject: [Leica] Red-brick Gothic
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu Mar 20 02:56:13 2008

Hello Geoff,
Colditz is quite a distance from here, 302 km according to the route
calculator
http://www.google.com/maps?daddr=Markt+1%2C04680%2CColditz%2Cde&saddr=hannover&submit=Route+anzeigen

Hannover is the capital of Lower Saxony, Colditz is in the neighbouring
state of Saxony between Leipzig and Chemnitz (formerly Karl Marx Stadt).
Our local castle is the Marienburg, about 30 minutes from here
http://www.schloss-marienburg.de/smbinter/cms/index.php?id=19

Friends of the family lived here, not in the castle, but in the grounds
in a piggery converted into cottages.
http://www.wasserschloss-huelsede.de/wasserschloss.php?mn=1

I'll look through my slides and see if I've got some pictures of it.
Cheers
Douglas