Subject: [Leica] Canon AF adapters and chips
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Mar 20 07:16:47 2008

This is only a curiosity question.....

Is the "chip" for AF on the adapter a passive piece on printed circuit board
(PCB) material with attendant  connections or does the "chip" contain any
active parts like an IC chip on the PCB?

Could someone please look?

BTW, I looked on Ebay for the answer without luck, but I found a picture of
the owner of a Chinese ( I suspect it was Taiwanese) company with the former
CEO of Ebay as a selling tool......  The Owner looked to be about 14 years
old.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Canon AF adapters and chips)