Subject: [Leica] Canon AF adapters and chips
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Mar 20 09:55:32 2008

Yes, it pretty much must be something like a programmed chip.  Fusible link
or not.  ( actually, now that I think about it, it probably IS a fusible
link chip, as the minimum volume needed to purchase is 1!)

But the point is that there is some fairly complex part on the adapter.

Obviously not real smart.  I would think the camera body has the rest of the
intelligence....and adds to the impressions I am getting of how these
cameras' functions are broken up.

Frank Filippone

Frank,

The adapter has an 8 pin sm chip. In exif data it also identifies all
lenses as 50mm. I assume it's active and not something like a fusible
link.

Len

Message from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Canon AF adapters and chips)