Subject: [Leica] Somewhat OT Canon lens question
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Thu Mar 20 20:01:20 2008

I have been carrying around a Canon dslr on a shoulder strap (Upstrap), with
the 70-200 2.8L IS attached.  It has a tripod collar, which I seldom use,
but it got me to thinking.  I wonder if there is any undue stress on the
lens mount by carrying the camera on a strap without lens support?  I can't
seem to find anything on the internet, but would bet the ranch that someone
here would know.  Thx

Ken

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Somewhat OT Canon lens question)
Reply from leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] Somewhat OT Canon lens question)