Subject: [Leica] Equipment Does Matter
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Mar 22 20:01:19 2008

Well, when I turned 35, needed glasses, I thought it was all over with
MF..... so I dumped all me Canon stuff for Nikon AF.  In this case, an 8008s

Then I noted that I could focus the lenses better than the camera could.....
and faster..... so I did not use AF very much.....

Now I use my F4 and all MF lenses, and my Leica M^ and my newly acquired old
technology Nikon D1, and I can still focus better than any AF lens + Nikon I
own.....

I like MF lenses..... and as long as I can focus them, I will continue to
use them.

Of course, if I was doing pro work, and PJ especially, I would own AF
only...  But I am not.  And buying into all the AF stuff now would break the
bank.....

Ahhhh, the glory of being an amateur......  4x5, Hasselblad, and Leica.....
all MF.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

And they do tend to focus better then I do.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Equipment Does Matter)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Equipment Does Matter)