Subject: [Leica] Red-brick Gothic
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Mon Mar 24 17:11:01 2008

never heard of anyone wearing out a Rollei ;-) You make me want to pull out
my beautiful 3003 again: wonderful lenes including a fish eye. Oh for a
digital back !!!! Still, I do hope to get back to it for b/w. To the images:

1. woman hidden by the tree/grate would have been better with her in the
image or perhaps gone altogether
2. Sky is a disaster of course, but the street scene is fine
3. The people are nicely separated in this one and certainly add to the image
4. ditto, and love the wonky buildings in the b/g: waist level for this one?
5. looks like he's a Rollei fan
6. a bit too far from the action
7. Colour looks good here despite the weather. Wonderful building
8. too much foreground: this is one where using the wide, you can correct
distortion by using only the upper 50% of the image: Rollei half frame
9. wow, sudden change of feeling: love the composition and the water looks
cold: at last, something in the sky ;-)

Cheers