Subject: [Leica] Blue Oak
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Mar 25 15:52:11 2008

We made 1 trip so far.......to deliver them their second car.  We drove from
Los Angeles.
Their place is just north west of central Austin.....   He works in town,
She is looking for a job.

Other than going through El Paso, which I found pretty fascinating, the
drive is rather .. long.

Thanks for the invite.....it may be a while, but we will make it back out
there.

It really is pretty in some parts.... others are......  less "pretty".......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Thanks Frank.  East of Austin the Oak's are spectacular...the further
west you go the more scrubby they seem to get :)  I agree that the sky
is a bit blown out....I wanted to grab this picture when I had the
chance.  The ranch is about an hour from the house so hard to just pop
by.

Let me know if you are ever headed this way.  Be glad to buy you a
drink.  Hope your son and DIL enjoy Austin.  Feel free to have them
contact me if they need any help settling in.  Lived in Austin since it
was a sleepy town.