Subject: [Leica] The Big Day!!! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (TED GRANT)
Date: Wed Mar 26 07:21:28 2008

So here we are more than buns deep in snow in Ottawa for this day of
happeings.

It starts with a special luncheon at the famed Rideau Club hosted by
ex-Prime Minister Joe Clak and his wife Maureen. Later a media interview.
Then 7PM at the National Archives of Canada a hosted reception for invited
guests whom I have no idea will be there. All I was told was
" you'll be surprised!" :-) Nice way to start off the celebration of the
screening at 7.30 of the film documentary about my wicked wicked life as a
photojournalist and the 280,000 images collected by the Archives of Canada
of my photography.
It's the largest collection in Canadian history by one Canadian
photographer. Quite frankly a surprise!
7.30 the lights fade and the film begins! Trust me a scary thought as you
have no idea how these people sitting in a big theatre auditorium will
re-act. Me?
Hell I know already there are places I'll be my usual tear shedding Ted
simply because the personal realities of being on location with things like
the  Chernobyl cancer ridden kids come sweeping back.

Do you know why I'm telling this to you folks?
Because I'm as nervous as a kitten! Man nothing like this or even close has
ever happeend to me in my life and I'm kind of reaching out to the LUG
family for strength to cope. I know I'll get through whatever it is, but
it's not going to be easy, trust me. I do have most of my family here for
support, but you folks are special lso.
I'll fill you in later with the events happenings. :-)
the old guy,
ted

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] The Big Day!!! :-))
Reply from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss) ([Leica] The Big Day!!! :-))