Subject: [Leica] IMG: Semana Santa in Alicante 2008
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Mar 26 00:16:56 2008

I went to see the Semana Santa celebrations on Wednesday, Friday and
Sunday. This is one of the most important events of the year in every
Spanish city, and Alicante is no exception. I shot around 400
pictures, and frankly had a hard time editing them down to the 51 I
chose for the gallery. In any event, the results are here:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/semana_santa

Just to pre-empt comments about the KKK-style hoods in some of the
processions: these traditions go back centuries and so precede the
KKK. According to what some friends in Seville once explained to me,
the faces are covered to symbolize that all are equal before God.

As always, comments are warmly welcome and appreciated. All images
with the E3, and either the 25mm 1.4 Leica/Panasonic (nighttime
shots) or the 12-60mm Olympus.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
nathan@nathanfoto.com