Subject: [Leica] could it be a defective lens?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Mar 26 11:40:49 2008

At 01:58 PM 3/26/2008, you wrote:

>I wanted a mint condition Leica. Mint M's are too expensive for
>me. So I opted for Leicaflex. Got a mint one, and now, I am very
>disappointed. Not that I can justify another Leica purchase soon.
>But in case I have funds for another Leica purchase, I would
>probably go for user condition ones. Scratches on lens elements
>can't be too much worse than dust and sparkles. And paying
>premiums for mint looking ones is a bit too much a gamble for the
>mint condition.
>
>Qiao

Qiao -  You stated that you were very happy with the prints from the
camera and lens. That's what is important.  I wouldn't worry about
anything else.  Different lenses have different
characteristics.  Sometimes "flaws" add to the character of the lens
and the resulting photos.

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI