Subject: [Leica] Punch & Kanha
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Mar 31 20:20:33 2008

> Mark,
> Thanks for looking. In National Parks here it is forbidden to get off the
> vehicle, so getting closer is not an option. Luck is one option, and
> getting
> 500/600mm behemoths is another. I prefer to handhold, because a tripod is a
> pain in the backside in an open jeep, so light VR lenses are my choice.
> Cheers
> Jayanand

Yes in a jeep a tripod would just attaches your camera to the source of the
vibration. You'd get in touch with your inner blur effect.

I'd kill for one of these VR lenses for my Nikons which is the best way out
on all occasions.
And adaptors to make them even longer like you were doing.

I'd crop more though.
More figure less ground.

You can crop like crazy when your shooting 10.2 megapixels and you're
uploading to peoples monitors.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com