Subject: [Leica] RE: Mojave Desert Travel Diary
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Tue Apr 1 06:33:04 2008

of:

>http://www.kylecassidy.com/pix/travel/2008/mojave-desert/empty-places1-low-res.pdf

len sed:

>Wow! What a presentation. The photos are simply wonderful. Is this
>place really on Earth? The light is is awesome.

i really fell in love with the desert while i was photographing armed
america. i'd never been before and i always thought it was ... you know,
_desert_, like sand dunes and stuff. i didn't know how beautiful it was.
ever since i was out there i wanted to go back and spend some time
photographing it.

a lot of the photos were taken during the middle of the day too, which is
something i think may be unique about the desert -- it still looks good when
the sun is right overhead -- it takes on a different look, but i think you
can still get away with it.

now, if i can just get these freaking HASSELblad negatives scanned we'll see
what the desert looks like sharp ......

kc