Subject: [Leica] customer review, Steve Barbour's book
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Apr 2 23:23:03 2008

Fellow LUGgers, I've just received my copy of "I never wanted to be famous"
by Steve Barbour. I expected the mood of the pictures to be bleak given the
emotional subject matter. Instead I found them to be sensitive and even
uplifting photographs. I thought that the presentation was quite stark,
being all black pages and this tended to give me an impression that some
photos would benefit from a lighter scheme. However, that is entirely
personal taste. The reproduction of the (all black and white) photos is very
good and commendably neutral. My copy came from Switzerland. I think that
Steve has produced a very worthwhile book, filled with sensitive and high
quality photographs. His care and devotion to these children is very
apparent.

I recommend this one highly for everyone's bookshelf.

Cheers

Geoff

http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/