Subject: [Leica] Re: Oh god no, I just found a great Leica sales site
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sat Apr 5 19:03:45 2008

Thanks Nathan

I've come to my senses.

First, the KE-7A on ebay has questionable provenance; certainly isn't
one that made it into official US stocks.  And when it comes down to it,
it is only a black-anodized Canadian M4.  I already have one.

As for pictures, I was too busy all week with work, and the M8 didn't
get out all week.  I have too many cameras, and have had too little
time. I have a fridge shelf full of film, and estimate at my shooting
rate, have 2 years worth in the fridge.

And on the financial side, I am retiring from work at the end of June.
Part of me wants to make one last blow-out purchase, but the other half
of me says "you already did - it's the M8".

Also, I am getting into a real selling frame-of-mind, hovering over the
collection like a vulture and picking of pieces to toss into ebay.  Been
doing well so far on recovering my dollar cost (not counting that I
could have invested that money originally).

I do have a fear of keeping the collection for another 10+ years and
watching it dwindle to worthlessness, because it is all film cameras,
and that fear is driving me to consider selling now, over the next
couple years.

So - thanks all, I'm better now.  And I went out and shot a few frames,
with the M8.    :-)

...Vick

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Re: Oh god no, I just found a great Leica sales site)
Message from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Re: Oh god no, I just found a great Leica sales site)